New Student Registration

  • New students in Kindergarten through 12 are registered in the Guidance Office at the MSHS, which is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. throughout the regular school year.  If you wish to begin filling out Registration Forms ahead of time, please see packet link at the bottom of the page.



     The Cuba-Rushford Central School District welcomes all new students who meet age and residency requirements, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, or the status of their parents/guardians.  Please note the district registration requirements listed below relating to proof of age, residence, proper immunizations and, if applicable, proof of custody or guardianship.  Students may begin classes as soon as academic records are received from the previous school district.  However, unaccompanied minors and other undocumented youth may begin immediately.

    You must register your child in the Guidance Office, which is open from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm throughout the regular school year.  Please allow an appropriate amount of time to complete paperwork (approximately 30 minutes), and plan to bring the following documentation:


    -          Birth certificate

    -          Record of baptism

    -          Passport

    -          Adoption record

    Other documentary evidence in existence for two (2) or more years (i.e. Official Driver’s License, state or other government issued identification, school photo identification with date of birth, consulate identification card, hospital or health records, military dependent identification card, documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement), court orders or other court-issued documents, Native American tribal document, records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies)

    PROOF OF RESIDENCY – acceptable documentation includes:

    -          Lease agreement

    -          Proof of ownership (deed or mortgage Statement)

    -          Statement by third-party landlord

    -          Paystub

    -          Income tax form

    -          Utility or other bills

    -          Membership documents (i.e. library card)

    -          Voter registration documents

    -          Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification

    -          State or other government issued identification card

    -          Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)

    -          Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers.


          Proof of immunization can be obtained through the health office at your child’s previous school or the office of your child’s physician.  Please note that, according to New York State law, a new student may attend school for only 14 days without proof of immunization.  After that time, there is NO way for a student to continue attending school without the appropriate immunization record on file.  The ONLY exception is in the case of religious exemption/observance, which requires documentation with the Superintendent.

    The Cuba-Rushford district is no longer asking for a Social Security # from any student enrolling in the district to ensure we are complying with the revised Commissioner Regulation 100.2 (y) adopted in December 2014.  Should you have any concerns with the registration process at CRCS, please contact the Superintendent Carlos Gildemeister at 585-968-2650 ext. 4425.