FDR New Deal Project Guidelines
New Deal Project: Radio Commercial and Advertizing Poster
Assignment: your group will select one of the New Deal Programs from the 100 Days or the Second New Deal to Research.
Once you complete the research you will
1) Create a Visual Poster advertising the New Deal Program
2) Create a Script for a 1minute 30 seconds to 3 minutes in length radio commercial advertising an aspect of the New Deal
3) Record your radio commercial
Your research must answer the following questions
- What is the basis of the New Deal Project you are researching?
- What was it intended to do?
- What region (s) of the
does it help? US
- What type of project is it?
- How is it helping the
- Why is it needed?
- You must include 3 images of New Deal Project
Your commercial must
- Describe the program that you are supporting
- Explain to the audience whom it is helping and where
- Answer the question, why is it needed?
- Try and convince the listener that it is a wise idea
- Include a graphic of your program (poster advertisement)
Students will be graded on
1) Research notes on the Program & Accuracy of facts (Homework grade due _______)
2) Graphic of your New Deal Program (Poster advertisement) (Quiz grade due _______)
3) Written script of commercial (Test grade due _______)
4) Recording of the commercial (Test grade happening in class _______)
Slang vocabulary of the 1930's can help you "dress up" your commercial. http://www.paper-dragon.com/1939/slang.html